Cheesecake (Aunt Terri's Secret Recipe)

As I was digging through my piles and piles of papers trying to get organized, I found a recipe I thought I had lost forever.  I was like a kid on Christmas morning when I discovered this most prized recipe.  This cheesecake has to be one of the creamiest, best tasting one I have ever had.  And trust me, living in NY I have had plenty to compare with. How I originally obtained this recipe is a secret too.  SHHHH!!!!!


Cheesecake (Aunt Terri's Secret Recipe)

3 - 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
12 oz. sour cream
1 1/4 c. sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 T. flour
1/2 c. + 1 T. milk
1/8 t. salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Prepare a spring form pan by greasing and flouring bottom and sides of pan.   In a mixer with a paddle attachment, beat sour cream and cream cheese until smooth.  Add sugar and mix on low for 30 seconds and then turn up to medium. Scrape the bowl.

Add eggs, vanilla, flour, milk and salt and beat until smooth, scraping sides to ensure all are incorporated.  Pour into pan and place in oven and bake for 1 hour.  Turn the oven off and open the door for one minute. Close the door for one more hour.

Remove from oven and refrigerate until completely cooled, approximately 6 hours.  Unmold cake before serving.  To slice, place your knife into a hot water bath and wipe dry each time you make a pass through the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment