Chicken Soup for the Snow





It snowed about 5" up here yesterday so after shoveling and clearing paths, this chicken soup was my solace.  Sorry Papi, no tacos.  Maybe next time. I managed 4 meals out of the roast chicken (salad gave me 2 lunches).  What a deal!

Chicken Soup for the Snow

2 T. butter
3 carrots, sliced
2 celery stalks, diced
1 onion, chopped
1 T. garlic, chopped
1 tsp. thyme
4 c. water
1 T. heaping chicken base
10-12 oz cooked chicken, diced
pepper
parsley, garnish

Melt butter in medium saucepan and saute vegetables for approx. 3 min until onion softens a little.  Add thyme, water, chicken base, chicken, pepper and stir till combined. Cook for appox. 15 min.  Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.

2 comments:

  1. We are supposed to get snow tonight, so should I make the roast chicken or the soup? Oooh, Im supposed to be crafty enough to create both - OK Amy, Im going to give it a try.. I will let you know how it turns out. Just don't expect me to be making a cheesecake any time soon! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got our snow today! I made the Chicken Soup for the Snow and it was fabulous! OK, I am a believer, you cannot get that kind of flavor from a cube! Keep em coming and I'll keep cooking!

    ReplyDelete